It Hurts To Be In Love
by PamFord Davis

Love hurts. That sounds cynical; we prefer to think of love as hugs and kisses. Yes, love is a happy peaceful force, and we thrive where it abounds. We must admit we have all seen the darker side and felt the pangs of love that results in suffering. It hurts when we love and find rejection. We feel sadness when our loved ones experience illness or loss. Death parts us from the objects of our love.


It hurts to be in love. "He began to be very distressed and troubled, and he said to them, 'My heart is so heavy with grief, I feel as if I am dying. Wait here and stay awake.' Jesus went on a little farther away from them, fell to the ground, and prayed. He asked that, if possible, he would not have this time of suffering. He said, 'Abba, Father! You can do all things. Don't make me drink from this cup. But do what you want, not what I want (Mark 14:33b-36 ERV)." Jesus' love for his Father mingled with his love for us. He would make the supreme sacrifice, willingly giving his life on the cross. It hurts to be in love.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print