The Bible Is A Book About Spirits
by Jack Vorster

Adam stood to his feet for the first time. His lifeless physical body, formed from the dust of the ground, had just received the breath of life from a Spirit, enabling him to take in his
surroundings as a result of the spirit-life implanted into his adult earthen vessel.

Although he had no childhood experiences, Adam stood before the Spirit that created him with the innocence of a mere baby, totally in wonderment and trust of the One who had put
him there. He had no notion of anything such as the concept of built-in intelllect or emotions. And neither did he consider the fact that his Creator had provided him with super-level intelligence and ability. It all just came naturally to him.

The idea of good and evil found no space in the mind of his spirit simply because it did not exist for him - yet. He was only aware of a sense of well-being, joy and great expectations.

This creature, called man, did not realize that he was a spirit within a physical body - a physical body solely for the purpose of keeping him earthbound so that he could take care of the Earth over which he was given dominion. And neither did he realize that the physical universe was created just for his benefit, nor that it ever would have existed without the reality of the spirit world, of which God was the Supreme and Sovereign Ruler.

Adam, the spirit, was able to communicate with the Creator Spirit by simply speaking out. His God-created physical body possessed the necessary mechanism not only to portray the movement of his spirit, but also to channel the voice of his spirit through a nervous system ending up in sound through his mouth. His physical brain, empowered by his spirit, performed this function of spirit-amplification as if fused to his spirit. His brain, energized by his spirit, also took care of the health of the rest of his spirit-driven body.

The day arrived for another spirit to make his presence felt in the Garden of Eden. His name was Satan - and he was about to test the God-given free will of this new spirit-man creature, who was made in the image and after the likeness of God. He succeeded in his quest. Suddenly, Adam had gained the knowledge of good and evil. He had disobeyed the
command of God. From that moment onwards, man could not control his preference for evil deeds, for he now had knowledge of it and the spirit of evil, Satan, to guide him all the way.

God confirmed that man was a spirit when He declared, "My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh:" (Gen.6:3)
Job had a revelation about this when he said, "Thou hast clothed me (my spirit) with skin and flesh, And knit me (my spirit) together with bones and sinews." (Job 10:11) (parenthesis mine). Through disobedience to the One who created him, man brought about his own spiritual separation from God. Man remained a spiritual being, but now had a lust for the things of the flesh, to the extent that he became totally oblivious of his spiritual nature, the inner core of his being.

To this day it has remained so. In fact, man is convinced that he is physically evolved from the apes and that the human brain is the life of the human body responsible for the human
intellect, the processor of emotions and the storage of memory - none of which is true.

The world at large does not know that the Earth is a battleground - not for the destruction of the physical body of man, but for the eternal demise of his spirit."For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Eph. 6:12)

A great many people have been spiritually reconciled to God through the Cross of Jesus Christ for the wholesale cleansing of both body and spirit. Once again they know who and what they are.

So we see then that the Bible starts on a spiritual note, continues throughout all of its pages to examine the spiritual aspect of man's existence and all of the spiritual influences determining his destiny - and ends on a high note when spiritual forces bring things to finality and a new beginning.

Now retired, Jack Vorster has a background in marketing in the field of newspaper advertising. As a result of a life-changing experience he turned his attention to the study of the human make-up and the realities connected to human behaviour based on the Word of God. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print