Does the Creator of the Universe Talk to People Today?
by Marijo Phelps

The fact that Jesus Christ wants an intimate, daily relationship with people is a mind boggler to some. Who are we that God should care about each and every one of us? This is God who knows when a tiny sparrow falls. God who thought you up, All those unique little parts of your personality and make up He designed before you were ever conceived. He has a plan for you and for me. He is not finished with any of us yet. He speaks to us through His Word. He also speaks to our hearts in His "still, small voice":

Child, I would speak to your heart. You are Mine. I'm recreating in you the mind of Christ it doesn't happen in a day. Yield keep on yielding. Absorb yourself in the Word. My discipline shall become your joy. Your completeness, your delight as you begin to walk therein. Worry not nor buzz about I AM the ways and means provider. Rest in my discourse and be refreshed. There is a purpose enjoy my presence and fret not. I am preparing you for greater things in Jesus, your heart needs to be whole, not fractured. There is mending time so rest in My arms as I recreate a clean, whole heart in you, my child, my Bride, my delight. Please Selah (Pause and calmly think about that)

Prayer: Dear Jesus, I DO enjoy your presence. Please keep drawing me closer and closer to you. Clean my closets in your perfect love and timing throw out that which no longer belongs. Create in me a new heart and renew a right spirit within me! AMEN

Why do we have such a difficult time being quiet? Is it that we think we have so much to say that is so important? Why does is become a problem to sit at the feet of the Creator of the Universe, to learn from Him? I think this might be what is meant by "cares of this world". We cannot allow the washing machine, doing dishes, TV, the telephone ringing or clamoring family to take priority over quality time spent in the Word with our Lord Jesus, can we?

Once again the Psalms make clear to us some points. In Psalm 24:4 tells who may have fellowship with the Lord.


3 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,
Nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Please notice it is speaking about one who has asked God's forgiveness and is "saved". It is Christ's death which paid the price for each one of us if we choose to accept that and be forgiven.

In Ezekiel 11:19 we are offered a wonderful gift, that of an undivided heart and new spirit. We can "trade in" our heart of stone for a heart of flesh. A heart which lives, breathes and feels rather than one which is rocky and hardened. This should be an easy choice, shouldn't it?

In Psalm 51:10 the writer is asking God to create in him a clean heart and to renew a steadfast spirit within him. What kind of a God is this who wants us to talk and be honest and ask expecting to receive. A most incredible God, I'd say and every word of this is as true today as it was back in David's time.

Ecclesiastes 3:7 reminds us all there is a time to tear and time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak. Maybe today is your time to mend, a time to speak to God and start that dialog or continue it if you have already been made a new creature in Christ. Perhaps it is your day to "be still and know that He is God". Whatever the case may be you can have His undivided attention right now, no waiting lines or busy signals. That's something to think about, isn't it? The Creator of the Universe is waiting to talk with you!


My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print