Skip to My Lou
by PamFord Davis

Do you sometimes feel like you are involved in a chase scene, pursuing daily provisions? Cash waves goodbye and taunts you with Catch us if you can! You breathlessly stay in the race, but needed money to free you from debt outruns you. Do not give up; try a new approach. Seek guidance from the Lord and do not be surprised if his leading goes against your natural instincts.


Many of the disciples were anglers by trade. Following the death and resurrection of Jesus, they returned to what they knew best at the Sea of Tiberius. (John 21:1-14). They fished all night but dawn's early light revealed empty nets. Were schools of fish teasing with Catch us if you can?


Jesus arrived and gave the group words of advice. "He said, 'Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.' When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish (John 20:5-6 NIV)." A carpenter taught skilled fishermen a valuable lesson. The creator is fully aware of our needs and delights in meeting them through unusual means.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print