Softly As I Leave You
by PamFord Davis

We remember always our last moments with a loved one before their death. If their passing follows a lengthy illness those memories may hold suffering and pain. If they die unexpectedly we recall how full of life they were when seen last.

I spent three weeks with my mother following her surgery for lung cancer. Just before I left for the airport, she got up from the couch, hugged me and with a beautiful smile thanked me. I cherish that moment. She died only days after I left her side.


Many witnesses, confirming the miracle of his resurrection, saw Jesus. He completed his divine mission and prepared for departure. "And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven (Luke 24:50-51 NKJ)."


Many blessings involved the personal touch upon a person's head. Jesus may have softly touched His disciples one-by-one as He spoke a blessing. Their eyes beheld His glory and joy filled their hearts.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print