God Incidence I
by Kathie Thomas

There was the time when I was working in a bank in South Australia, young, only around 19 years of age. I loved to wander the main street of the city at lunch times and it was during this time that a group called 'Eckenkar Travellers' had set up a tent, to invite prospective new members for chats. I began to visit them at lunchtimes, discussing with them my beliefs and the reason why I couldn't possibly become a part of their group. But their answers over time confused me and I was unsure of where I stood.

I went to see a friend who worked nearby and who was a solid Christian. He suggested I pray to God about what He wanted for me in my life. I prayed that Friday night, for God to show me one way or the other, what He wanted me to do.

On Monday, when I was back at my desk there was an official looking envelope waiting for me with my name on it. It seemed a lady from another branch of the bank desperately wanted to transfer to the city and as I lived near the suburb where she was currently working, it had been suggested that I should transfer there. I had put in for a transfer many months previously because of another role I wasn't enjoying, but got shifted to another department and had settled in the role I then had and no longer pursued the transfer. In fact I'd forgotten about it.

I had my answer. I could have argued and said no, I wouldn't go, after all I loved my position, but I didn't argue. Because I knew that this was the answer that God had for me and I had to accept it. No more contact with those people!

Co-incidence? No, it was a God-incident!

Mother of 5, wife to Graham, Kathie is a published author of 4 how-to books, many magazine articles, both for business and Christian magazines, and has several articles in printed books by other writers.

http://www.kathiethomas.com/writer.htm

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print