The Birth Of Evil
by Nellie Shani

The Bible is not quiet concerning Satans beginning and neither is it quiet about his impending end in the lake of fire.

Scripture does not depict Satans beginning as the vile being he is today, but as a beautiful angel. In the book of Ezekiel chapter 28:13-17, we are told that Satan was called Lucifer (KJV). He is described as the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. His abode was Eden, the Garden of God. He was adorned with nine different types of precious stones and as a guardian cherub he walked among the fiery stones on the holy mount of God. The precious stones, acquired their fiery appearance as the light from the seven lamps that burned before the throne of God reflected on them. There were no angels that were closer to the presence of God than the cherubim (plural for cherub) that guarded the throne of God.

The first time that the Bible mentions cherubim is in Genesis 3:24 when he places them in the Garden of Eden to guard the way to the tree of life. This was after Adam and Eve sinned and were kicked out of the Garden of Eden.

The next time we hear about cherubim is when God asked Moses to build the Ark of the Covenant and make two cherubim on either side of the Ark from the same wood as the cover for the Ark. The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them (Exodus 25:20). Moses was to put the Ten Commandments into the Ark. This is where the very presence of God was going to reside amongst the Israelites. There, above the cover between the two cherubim that are over the ark of the Testimony, I will meet with you and give you all my commands for the Israelites (Exodus 25:22).

The two cherubim were as it were guarding the throne of God, because between the cherubim is where the presence of God was. O Lord, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth (emphasis mine) (2 Kings 19:15). Why is all this information important in understanding Lucifer?

If he was a guardian cherub, then his job description was similar to the job description of the two cherubim that Moses built to symbolically guard the throne of God. God had told Moses not to deviate from the pattern for building the tabernacle that He had given to him. Why was this? It was because there was an actual replica in heaven!

In Hebrews 8:5 we are told of the high priests that served amongst the Israelites, They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: See to it that you make everything according to the pattern, shown you on the mountain (emphasis mine).

I am sure that every time God appeared above the Ark between the cherubim to speak with Moses (Numbers 7:8), the two cherubim shone with the incredible glory of God. Lucifer must have shone with the incredible glory of God since he was guarding the throne of God. The splendor and light of God must have shone all around him, making him look glorious.

However something very unfortunate happened. Lucifer looked at himself in his shining glory at the throne of God and became proud. Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor(Ezekiel 28:17).

It is hard to understand how Lucifer could have sinned while being so close to God. One thing that God gave His angels is a free will although he created them perfect. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you (Ezekiel 28:15).

Lucifer committed the sin of pride. The Bible tells us that God opposes the proud (James 4:6). Lucifer had the most honored position that any of the other angels would ever have hoped for. God was enthroned between him and another cherub. The two cherubim were on either side of Gods throne.

King David speaking under the anointing of the Holy Spirit said in Psalm 80:1, You who sit enthroned between the cherubim, shine forth. Later on in Psalm 99:1 King David again speaks under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit as he says, The Lord reigns, let the nations tremble; he sits enthroned between the cherubim, let the earth shake. The emphasis in both verses is mine.

The Bible does not tell us who the other cherub that guarded the throne with Lucifer was. We do know however that God was enthroned between the two cherubim. We also do not know if that other cherub also joined Lucifer in his rebellion. It is only after Lucifer was kicked out of heaven that he became Satan.

Nellie  Odhuno Shani is a Counselor, Conference speaker and writer. Her first books are available on amazon.com, Barnes and Nobles and on her author's websites.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print