Craving God's Glory
by Nellie Shani

The book of revelations gives us a peek into what the throne of God in heaven looks like and what goes on there. This may give us more understanding on what it is that Lucifer craved and desired.

Revelations chapter 4 opens this window for us. Here we see the vision that the Apostle John was given by Jesus through an angel. A vision is shown us of the throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. We also see coming from the throne, flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder. Seven lamps are blazing and we are told that these are the seven spirits of God. Also before the throne there is what looks like a sea of glass, clear as crystal. We are also told that surrounding the throne are twenty four other thrones and seated on them are twenty four elders dressed in white with crowns of gold on their heads.

In the center around the throne, are four living creatures with very detailed descriptions. Each of the four living creatures have six wings and are covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. The book of Isaiah tells us in chapter 6, that these creatures are called Seraphs and that with two wings they cover their faces, with two they cover their feet and with two they fly.

When Isaiah encountered them in the temple, the sound of their voices as they said, Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory, was so powerful that the doorposts and the thresholds of the temple shook! When we see these seraphs in Revelations chapter 4, we are told that day and night these creatures never stop saying Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.

There is non-stop praise around the throne of God. We are told that when these creatures give glory, honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever . . . (Revelations 4:10).

The picture of the throne of God is really beyond human comprehension. It is power, might, awe, glory and magnificence all rolled into one! The only activity that goes on around the throne is praise and worship.

Lucifer lived in the midst of praise to God day and night! Lucifer was created to praise and worship God together with those who were around His throne. Lucifer wanted this praise and worship for himself! He wanted to be at the centre of the throne so that he could receive the praise and worship that rightfully belonged to his creator!

Anyone who wants praise and worship for himself is walking the same path of pride that Lucifer walked. Proverbs warns us that, Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall (Proverbs 16:18).

Once we become proud and start to rely on our abilities rather on Gods strength for any battle we can be sure that we will fail. No human being is any match for the devil and it is not wise to take on the devil on our own. Our total reliance in spiritual warfare should be completely on God.

Nellie  Odhuno Shani is a Counselor, Conference speaker and writer. Her first books are available on amazon.com, Barnes and Nobles and on her author's websites.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print