Healing Is Ours
by Nellie Shani

When Adam and Eve sinned, not only did sin come into the world, but germs and viruses also became a part of the fallen world. Hence sickness and disease became a part of normal life.

When Jesus walked on the earth, he healed sick people wherever He met them. In many cases, He also cast out demons that had caused people to be sick. God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power. He went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil (Acts 10:38). When Jesus healed a woman who had been bent over and could not stand up straight for eighteen years, He said that it was Satan who had held her bound for eighteen years. When he healed her, he cast out the spirit of infirmity (Luke 13:12).

We can clearly see that sickness and disease is something that Satan uses to oppress people. Isaiah chapter 53:4 tells us that Jesus took our infirmities and carried our sorrows on His body when He died on the cross. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrowshe was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

The completed work of Jesus means that healing is ours today. We can lay our hands on the sick and anoint them with oil in the name of Jesus and prayer made in faith will heal them (James 5:14-15).

I remember that when our children were young, they often got sick in the middle of the night while they had been in perfect health all day. I discovered that Satan was using sickness to oppress our children and consequently, my husband and I. Many times the Holy Spirit laid it on my heart to go and just lay my hands on my child and rebuke the sickness.

I remember one incidence when we were living in Zambia. Our youngest son who was five years old started crying and calling me in the middle of the night. I rushed to his room and found him with the highest fever that he had ever had. I knelt next to his bed and addressed the fever, rebuking it in Jesus name. I commanded every spirit of infirmity to leave him in Jesus name. As soon as I finished praying my son said, It is gone and turned around in his bed and went right back to sleep. When I touched his fore- head, which had been boiling just a few minutes before, it was completely cool!

I was tempted to wake up my son and ask him, What is gone? I walked out of his room with the full assurance that because of the finished work of Jesus, I could overcome the power of the enemy in His name and sickness had no more power over us! My son woke up perfectly normal the next morning and went to school hallelujah!

Nellie  Odhuno Shani is a Counselor, Conference speaker and writer. Her first books are available on amazon.com, Barnes and Nobles and on her author's websites.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print