HOW TO MANAGE THE STRESS OF JOB INSECURITY
by Miriam Kinai

If the thought of going to work fills you with dread each morning, and if you have no other source of income, follow these 2 tips to help you cope with the stress of job insecurity.



1. Pray each morning
Begin each day by thanking God for your job and asking Him to intervene in your work and financial situation.


2. Read your Bible
Begin by reading Ecclesiastes 9:1 which declares that the works and jobs of the righteous and the wise are in the hands of God. This means that even if your boss is scheming to terminate your services, the final say is not in his hand. It is in God's hands. Therefore, you do not have to let the fear of being sacked overwhelm you as long as you are doing the right thing and behaving wisely at your work place.

Then read Psalm 75:6-7 which states that promotion does not come from the east or the west or the south. It comes from God. Therefore, even if your boss is trying to get rid of you, God can still cause you to be promoted miraculously. Let this Scripture encourage you to keep on working and doing the right thing in God's eyes regardless of all the negative feedback you get from your employer.

Then read Jeremiah 31:16 where God tells you to stop weeping and dry your eyes because your work shall be rewarded. He says He will reward your good work even if your employer does not appreciate your efforts or remunerate you sufficiently for it.

Finally, affirm yourself by reading Isaiah 49:4 which states that surely your just reward is with God. Believe it and you will strip away the demoralization that comes from chronic job stress.


Copy these Scriptures on a small card and carry it with you so that you can meditate on them every morning when you wake up, as you commute to work and during your work breaks. Fill your mind with them and you will be able to manage the stress of job insecurity without getting distressed.

Dr Miriam Kinai loves interior decorating and has written many books such as African American Home Decor, Asian Home Decor and Christian Home Decor which are available at her blog http://www.modernhomedecorthemes.com/ and from http://www.amazon.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print