Oh, My Papa
by PamFord Davis

Father's Day gives all the opportunity to honor fathers. Just as every day should be Thanksgiving Day to our heavenly Father, we should not limit our recognition to dads to one circled Sunday on our calendar. Show your love and appreciation in a variety of ways. It will encourage them and open your eyes to the multitude of ways they touch your life.


Our Creator is a tender Father. Turn to Him in your time of need. (Hebrews 4:16) He cares for you. "Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him. For He himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust (Psalms 103:13-14 NAS)." We are not to fear as cringe in dread of punishment. The fear needed is reverence and respect.


Jesus called His Father Abba. (Mark 14:36) Abba is an affectionate term like Daddy or Papa. His Father is Our Father and wants an intimate relationship with each one of us. Take time to get to know Him. Oh, My Papa I love you so much!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print