MANAGING OUR ANGER AGAINST OUR CHILDREN
by sana edoja

MANAGING CHILDREN ANGER

The other day, my child did a naughty thing and I got so angry with him. I smacked him and sent him in his room to punish him. I was so angry with myself for feeling a failure as a mother.

When I finished raging in my home and sat quietly, the word of the Lord came quietly into my spirit and said: Ephesians 4:26 "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath". God told me that I shouldn't stay angry with my son until the next morning. I should go and apologize to my son for my anger before the night comes in. God also told me that nobody is perfect because everybody sins every day, that it is the reason He has forgiven us by sacrificing his son on the cross, so I should forgive myself and my son also. I can't believe the word of the Lord calmed me down in one second; it was like water coming to extinguish a fire.

My son had refused to come and have his dinner when I called him while I was angry. As I came into his room and apologized for my behavior, he was ready to discuss his act of naughtiness and he came to eat his dinner afterwards.

The breakthrough I got was that I understood that I needed to discipline my child when he is being naughty but I shouldn't be angry with him. As I need to remember myself as a child and also as an adult, sinning against the Lord who patiently forgives me, so I should do the same for my own son.


1. Luke 11:4
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
2. 1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

http://sanaedoja.wixsite.com/monsite/blog
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2I52MW#nav-subnav

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print