Rescue Me
by PamFord Davis

We are often powerless to free ourselves from conflict and confrontation. Chances for escape not only become slim, they seem to be nearly impossible. Individuals cry out for rights and recognition desiring personal attention and a listening ear. Marriages and families become a balancing act and relationships need constant restoration.


God's children repeatedly find themselves in difficult situations and call out to the Father, rescue me! He is more than a way of escape; He is freedom from all that binds us. The Psalms bring comfort and encouragement, revealing man's repeated weakness and trials, becoming wonders and triumph.


Perils became platforms for prayer as the petitioner looked above. "Like the ungodly they maliciously mocked; they gnashed their teeth at me. O Lord, how long will you look on? Rescue my life from their ravages, my precious life from these lions. I will give thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you (Psalm 35:16-18 NIV)."


We are not facing a pack of literal lions or wolves, but problems in many forms have the potential to tear us apart. Doubts arise and we question God's inactivity. He is able to deliver us and give us a testimony of praise. He awaits the request; Lord, rescue me!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print