You're The Reason I'm Living
by PamFord Davis

What motivates you to get up every morning and face challenges of the day? A survival mode can easily ensnare us, mastering us within mechanically repeated routines. I wonder why we settle for mediocrity; God offers so much more. "A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came to give life-life that is full and good (John 10:10 ERV).


I know my personal problem is not seeing the blessings that come wrapped inside explosive packages. I see only personal danger and possible harm to others. Benefits become visible only after inspection of total contents.


The Apostle Paul did not live in the lap of luxury. His four walls were often a prison cell or barriers of house arrest. His countrymen rejected his message and the brethren often misunderstood his methods. There were plenty of good reasons to gripe and complain but his life became a lasting example of rejoicing and fulfillment.


He found the reason for living and rested in relationship with his Master. (Ephesians 3:18-21). His desire was for others to find the same joy. "Christ's love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then you can be filled with everything God has for you. With God's power working in us, he can do much, much more than anything we can ask or think of. To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for all time, forever and ever. Amen (Ephesians 3:19-21 ERV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print