They Can't Take That Away From Me
by PamFord Davis

Visible things are temporary; that makes me feel both grateful and disappointed. If something makes my life miserable, I am relieved to know it will not last forever. I can bear the burden with expectancy of relief. On the other hand, I desire happy experiences, relationships and tangible assets to last for an extended period of time.


I often think about people who lose everything in a natural disaster or through some form of personal catastrophe. Did they lose it all or am I too quick to make snap judgments? News stories also contain testimonies of people with great faith and hope. They are alive. Lost possessions are replaceable. We have great wealth in a relationship with God above.


I know what my treasure is; they can't take that away from me! "But seek His kingdom, and these things will be provided for you. Don't be afraid, little flock, because your Father delights to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Make money-bags for yourselves that won't grow old, an inexhaustible treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Luke 12:31-34 HCS)." Imagine the fringe benefits!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print