Coat of Many Colors
by PamFord Davis

Recipe for disaster:

Ingredients: One white faux fur coat
One chocolate milkshake
One car ride
Combine all ingredients and shake well. Check young woman's face to know when process is completed.

My white coat made me feel pampered, warm and comfortable. I purchased it with money I earned myself. With horror, I looked at chocolate spilled on once sparkling white fur! No, a spilled shake was not a natural disaster, but to me it came close. A soak in pre-wash stain remover lifted most of the unsightly spills; the coat would never be quite the same.


The perfect coat is the final touch to make an ensemble complete. My Dad looked so dashing in his winter topcoat and felt brimmed hat. Simple jackets can also set you apart from the crowd. Selections of suede, leather or a favorite sport team's logo make the jacket a favorite article in any wardrobe.


Joseph proudly wore his coat of many colors. It flashed the unspoken message favorite son and created jealousy and contempt from his brash brothers. "Jacob loved Joseph more than he did any of his other sons, because Joseph was born after Jacob was very old. Jacob had given Joseph a fancy coat to show that he was his favorite son, and so Joseph's brothers hated him and would not be friendly to him (Genesis 37:3-4 CEV)." The scripture does not reveal the colors of the coat of honor, but the brothers saw red with fiery anger!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print