The Race Is On
by PamFord Davis

On your mark get set go! The race is on and crowds cheer their favorite runners from the sidelines. Participants begin the grueling exercise with excitement and hopes of being the first to cross the finish line. They all have one thing in common; they must cross the goal.


Races come in different lengths of distance and time. Some need speed to cover a short distance faster than current record holders. Others need both speed and stamina to keep on making progress hour-by-hour over a long distance route.


The race is on; life is your course. "You know that many runners enter a race, and only one of them wins the prize. So run to win! Athletes work hard to win a crown that cannot last, but we do it for a crown that will last forever. I don't run without a goal. And I don't box by beating my fists in the air. I keep my body under control and make it my slave, so I won't lose out after telling the good news to others (1 Corinthians 9:24-27 CEV)." The goal is in sight; Jesus will walk you across the finish line.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print