Anatomy of Deception (280 book)
by Mark Jarmuth

New book defends Christians against the charges of Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Chris Hedges and other skeptics.

I've written a book on the Christian faith and need help promoting it. The book has been published on createspace, a subsidiary of Amazon.com and was written according to the following format:
I take excerpts from books by skeptics who slander Christianity and debunk their claims with logic, world and US history and research data. In short, I explain why the claims of these skeptics are unfounded.

The book's title is Anatomy of Deception: How Liberals Lie about Christianity. I can change the title if it's too divisive or offensive.

Here's a chapter by chapter summary:

Lie 1 - The US is not a Christian Nation

President Obama made the claim in his April, 2009 speech in Turkey. He claimed the US is a secular nation. In God Delusion, Dawkins makes the same claim and further claims the Founding Fathers were atheists and separatists and that the US Constitution is a secular document.
I show how most of the Founders were Christians (48 of 52 attended Bible-believing churches) and that three times in three decades the Supreme Court called the US a Christian Nation, as did some twenty Presidents, including democrats.
I also dismiss Dawkins's claim the Founders were separatists. I show how Jefferson approved the use of the Capital Building as a church and attended church there for years, including two days after he spoke of a wall of separation between church and state. And that Madison modeled the Constitution after the Mayflower Compact, the document the Puritans used to organize their settlements. I also show how Franklin wanted Christian influence expressed in all walks of American life, as did Madison and Jefferson. In fact, as I note, all three tried to create a Christian nation. I conclude with a quote from the Trinity decision in which the Supreme Court claims that historically Christianity has influenced and shaped all facets of American life.


Lie 2 - The Christian Faith is Sexist

Hedges makes the claim, as do scores of skeptics whose comments I address in the Chapter.
In debunking the claim, I show how Christians led the Women's Suffrage Campaign and inspired many entrepreneurial causes which still benefit women. As I show, Christians also lead the campaign against the global sex trade and have freed millions of females from sexual bondage (including women in the US). Christians also have protested against forced abortions in China, which exploit females (most forced abortions abort female fetuses), and have led the campaign against porn, which I claim also exploits females.




Lie 3 - Christianity is Anti-Semitic

Sam Harris makes the claim, as does Hedges. I show how Christians have been Jews closet allies historically. Christians, I note, led the Nazi Resistance and brought German Jews bedding and food after Crystal Night, when scores of synagogues were raised and Jews were in hiding. I also show how Christian leaders like George W. Bush have been Israel's strongest supporter and how the Christian revolution in China is decidedly pro-Israel.

Lie 4 - Christianity is a form of Fascism

Christian Hedges makes the claim in American Fascism: How the Religious Right wages War on America.
I show how Christians fight fascism here rather than promote it. They fight those who subvert the democratic process with judicial and bureaucratic decrees, Nazify our most powerful institutions and organizations, and who would suppress free speech with the Fairness Doctrine and Hate Speech laws.
In further debunking Hedge, I show how Hitler frequently slammed the Christian faith and how the Nazis intended eventually to replace it with the Germanic paganism of their godless forbearers.


Lie 5 - Christians are Hateful

Harris makes the claim in Letter to a Christian Nation. I show how Christians are hated rather than hateful and how the public schools, the media and gay groups deliberately foment hatred of the Christian faith. This, I claim, has resulted in the deaths of Christians like Rachael Scott, who was murdered at Columbine High School for her religious beliefs.

Lie 6 - Christian Childrearing is a form of Child Abuse

Dawkins makes the claim, as does an aid of his and Harris. I show how the Christian faith is our kids' only salvation how homeschoolers exceed public-schooled students in all realms of academic achievement and how secular childrearing (whether in public schools, secular homes or for kids who watch TV all day) is child abuse. In further debunking the claim Christianity harms children, I show how Christians have freed millions of kids from sexual bondage in the campaign against the global sex trade and how our kids were better adjusted psychologically and socially before the Bible was banned in our schools than today.



Lie 7 - Christianity is Divisive

Ira Glasser, former head of the ACLU, made the claim as has Harris. I point out how communities where Christian influence is pervasive are more cohesive than secular communities and have a lower crime rate; how Christ's Sermon on the Mount helped unite His diverse following, and how biblical values curb feelings of resentment and promote unity. I also show how the country was much more united before the Bible was banned in our schools than today.
I further note how in the campaign against the sex trade, Christians have helped unite different groups in the leadership coalition, including feminists, Jews, Buddhists, Catholics and Muslims.

Lie 8 Christians are Ignorant

Harris says Bible-believers are Neanderthals. I show how, historically, where there's been greater Christian influence, science has flourished, while the opposite has been seen where atheism has reigned. I also debunk Harris's claim in noting that Einstein and Newton both supported the notion of a young earth found in Genesis. In further debunking Harris, I show how through the years the literacy rate has improved wherever the Bible has been influential. Harris, in claiming macroevolution has a factual basis, says doubting Darwinism is like doubting the sun is a star. I prove he's wrong in what might be regarded as the climatic chapter in the book.


Lie 9 - Christians aren't Persecuted

Glasser made this claim as well. I show how Christians are the most persecuted group in the world and suffer discrimination in and outside the US.

Lie 10 Christianity is an affront to Freedom

Hedges makes the claim, as does Harris. I show how citizens here were much freer before the 60s, when the Christian faith was institutionalized, than today. I also show how the Chinese are freer than ever now in the midst of a three-decade long Christian revolution. Over a hundred million have converted there, I note, and people now freely travel to and from China, and the Chinese can access information from other countries, hand out religious tracts from their homes and buy a Bible. I also show how the Christian faith is good for free markets and is why China has had a double-digit GNP for three decades.

Lie 11 Our Country would be better off without the Christian Faith

Dawkins and Harris make the claim. So did the late John Lennon. In this Chapter, the theme is his Imagine song and the claim we'd be better off without religion. I reject the claim and say the country would be much worse off if it was further secularized.
In support of the claim, I cite several studies, which report the following: Christians live longer and are healthier and report having less depression and anxiety than secularists; Christians are more generous than atheists, as measured either by the gross amount or percentage of their income they give charities, Christian and non-Christian charities alike. Back by research data, I also claim the Christian faith reduces drug and alcohol abuse and that, in a post-Christian USA, there'd be much more crime than we now see.

The book is around 100k words and 280 pages with end notes and index. It's the third book I've written. After the second, I was a guest on The Matter at Hand, a 30-minute radio show transmitted from WGRC station to six cities in central and northern Pennsylvania. In the interview, I discussed the prospect of a third book, and the show's host said he might have me back for a second radio interview after I completed the book.
The book can be purchased for $19.95 from me personally or on my website: createspace.com/3462109.

Any help you can provide with promotion of the book would be much appreciated.


Sincerely,


Mark Jarmuth
[email protected].

UW honors grad. Received JD from Seattle U School of Law. Third book. For the second, I was interviewed as the guest on Matter at Hand, a thirty minute program on cultural and politics broadcast from central Pennsylvania to six sities.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print