A CALL TO MANAGE ANGER
by sana edoja

I think everybody is struggling with anger most days. For example, we get upset when our child drops something on our toes by mistake and we find ourselves screaming louder than the intensity of the pain we actually feel. Sometimes, we have the usual argument with our husband about not finding some clothes that we may have misplaced or the school issues regarding our kids.

Colossians 3:21
Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

We often read about books teaching us to forgive but we seem to find it almost impossible to forgive on a daily basis. Once we finish those silly arguments, we often think about the word of God and feel quite guilty about our naughty acts of disobedience to the word of God. We found it hard to pray and to reach out to God again because we have been grieving the Holy Spirit by our anger due to our unforgiveness.

To conclude, the only way we can make it right with our loved ones is by apologising over our anger attitude; we also need to forgive from the depth of our hearts because nobody is perfect. Then, we need to ask God to forgive us our shortcomings as we forgive our loved ones for hurting us. Psalm 145:8 The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

Undoubtedly, God will bring peace into our hearts and He will get rid of any revenge or resentment in our hearts. It is only by God grace that we will be able to get rid of our anger.

Psalm 85:4
Turn us, O God of our salvation, and cause thine anger toward us to cease.

Ephesians 4:31
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Unfortunately, we can't change ourselves because it takes time to change an overgrown habit. However, we should rely on God for helping us to change and become more like him. Despite our busy schedule, we need to find time to read and meditate the word of God and speak those scriptures to ourselves until we see changes taking over our behaviour.

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

James 1:20
For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

I would recommend the book called "TOTAL FORGIVENESS" by RT KENDALL.

Great blessings.
Sana Edoja

http://sanaedoja.wixsite.com/monsite/blog
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2I52MW#nav-subnav

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print