Stairway To Heaven
by PamFord Davis

Stairs present a problem to both babies and their parents. Babies accept the challenge presenting a hazard parents vigilantly guard. Curiosity plus the parents repeated correction transforms a stairway into a rare treat. The temptation draws a child to the bottom of the stairs. They wait for a chance to climb to the restricted area above.


I grew up in a two-story house and the wooden stairs were both a separation and a way of access. Children's bedrooms upstairs were away from the rest of the house. That had advantages. Our parents rarely came up and did not always know realize how untidy the rooms were! Parents will be parents and they could get immediate access by making the short climb.


Man's curiosity knows few limits. We have journeyed to the moon and to the depths of the sea. A group once decided to combine their knowledge and efforts to climb to heaven. "They said to each other, 'Come, let us make oven-fired bricks.' They had brick for stone and asphalt for mortar. And they said 'Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the sky. Let us make a name for ourselves; otherwise, we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth (Genesis 11:3-4 HCS)."


The tower did not fit into God's plan. He confused their speech and scattered them from the city known as Babylon. A constructed tower would not become a stairway to heaven. Our only access is through a cross-called Cavalry.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print