The Reflection of The Flag
by PamFord Davis

Our citizenship is a treasure and July 4th is the perfect time to remove it from storage, search for areas of tarnish and polish it until it shines once more. The reflection of the flag will be Old Glory at its best.


Tarnish forms due to neglect and lack of urgency. We may be shaken to awaken us from slumber by a national crisis, terrifying as 911. Patriotism is reborn; we flex our muscles and stand at attention proudly saluting the Stars and Stripes. Does the sight of our flag waving in the wind still bring a lump to your throat?


Our beginnings are reason to celebrate. The Declaration of Independence is not merely faded script on yellowing parchment. The document represents the miracle of freedom. Other nations look to our example in search for democracy. Our Republic and Constitution rest upon a foundation of faith and honor.


Does the present echo past achievements? Many mourn the spread of moral decay and decline of America's influence around the world. Is there still hope for a return to righteousness as a people and nation? What can one person do? One plus God is a majority! There is a remedy for all our weakness. Prayer patterns polish tarnished hearts and create a renewed yearning for one nation under God, indivisible, with freedom and justice for all.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print