But Lord, I Just Don't Have Time
by Marijo Phelps

It is often said that we have time for those things we really want to do. Hum, that is sort of a grabber, isn't it?

We all have the same amount of time in a day. That's 24 hours last time I checked. I know as I get older the clocks seem to be on "fast forward" and the calendar pages? I can see them flipping by. According to the atomic clock nothing has changed. We are not to grow weary in well doing. What does that mean? Spend your time where it will count for eternity.

We do not have TV. We haven't had one since we were married. If we did I have no idea how I would "have time" for anything. That is a topic for another article.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for Christian friends, the Body. Oh, Lord, I want to be So much closer to You and to love you with a pure heart, please help me in this new year? I need You so much! AMEN

My daughter, I do desire to speak to your heart. I know you so well, you are Mine. Time is short, My Body must see and weep, getting serious about sin and her Lord and His Lordship. I AM working in you. Make time, take time. Press in to know of Me and be strengthened. I Am coming soon to do battle with the enemy and he knows it. I shall protect you and keep you. Selah.

In Hosea 6:3 we are encouraged to acknowledge the Lord, to press on to acknowledge Him. Then we are told as surely as the sun rises he will appear, he will come to us like winter rains, like spring rains that water the earth. To us in drought stricken (for years and years) Colorado this is a refreshing and glorious promise.

In Philippians 3:12 we are encouraged to "press on" to take hold of that which Christ Jesus took hold of for me. The writer also mentions that he has not obtained this nor has he been made perfect. I think that is something we can all safely say. We need to run that race and not grow weary in "well doing".

Are you spending time in God's Word? I need to spend more time there myself but I know that's where encouragement, promises and hope originate!

Philippians 3:14 speaks more about "press on" referring to the goal and winning the prize for which God has called the writer heavenward in Christ Jesus. I think that is key, recognizing our "heavenward" calling. We are to be focused on the eternal and what really matters 100 years from now. Souls, people and what they decided to do with the greatest gift ever offered them, salvation. But how can they decide if they haven't been told. That's where you and I come in, isn't it?

The bottom line is that we do have time, 24 hours in each day. How we spend that time is up to us. May we choose to invest those hours most wisely as we say "maranatha". The Lord Jesus will come quickly and we need to be about the Father's business.

In Psalm 140:4 is a valiant prayer that I would echo along with the psalmist "Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; protect me from men of violence who plan to trip my feet." Help us, oh, Lord to be salt and light as we go forth daily in those hours You have given each of us. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits..

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print