Changed By the Creator of the Universe
by Marijo Phelps

How can anyone so powerful possibly be interested in me? How can God who flung the stars in place care about what bugs me or hurts my little person? How would He have time or inclination to give me even a minute? Would it surprise you to know that you were created for friendship and relationship with Him? You were created to worship Him? He knows the numbers of hairs on your head and yes, He is interested in every little specific part of you and your life that makes you, uniquely you.

Jesus loves you is not just an old song from your childhood. You are the apple of His eye. He delights in spending time with you! And maybe even now He is whispering to your inner ear:

Child, I would speak to you in your heart. There is no variance or shadow of turning in Jesus your Lord. He is changing you, from glory to glory, into His likeness. Stable, consistent, single minded, it seems good to you because therein lies your wholeness and stability. Rejoice in His discipline, rejoice in His freedom and life changing love. Be obedient unto Him and let Him lift you up. He has set your feet upon His paths. You are walking there upon. Keep on walking and He will bless. Keep yielded as you are. Selah.

Prayer:
My Lord, Jesus
You are something special
Beyond words
To me
My opaque eyes
You have transformed
To ones
That really see!

In James 1:17 the Bible tells us that every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variance or shadow of turning. He is ABLE and STABLE, what a promise.

2Corinthians 3"18 tells us that we see the Lord's glory and are being transformed into His likeness with ever increasing glory (which comes from Him who is Spirit). What a promise. That I might be changed all those self centered and not so pretty parts of me, to become more and more like Jesus himself.

In 1 Corinthians 15:49 we are promised that as we have borne the likeness of earthly man so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven. I have no clue how God will accomplish this and it seems like a long, long journey but if He promises it I know it will be done.

Part of that pathway might just include some discipline mentioned in Proverbs 3:11 where we are encouraged not to despise discipline from the Lord and not to resent His rebuke.

Proverbs 12:1mentiones that whoever loves discipline loves knowledge but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs sort of lays it on the line, doesn't it?

Maybe the most famous Proverb regarding discipline is Proverbs 13:24 stating he who spares the rod hates his son but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.

In ending this piece I think there could be no better quote than the one found in Deuteronomy 8:6 which encourages us to observe the commands of the Lord your god, walking in His ways and revering him.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print