How High Can You Count?
by Jeanne E Webster

copyright 2010 Jeanne E. Webster


Psalm 139:17-18
"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them, if I should count them, they are more in number than the sand."

A team of astronomers has estimated that our universe contains about 70 sextillion (1 followed by 21 zeros) stars that can be seen through telescopes, with sextillions more too far away to be counted.[*] What is more amazing is that there are more stars in the heavens than all the grains of sand on our world's deserts and beaches!

David could not have counted the grains of sand nor the stars in the heavens, yet he tells us that our God thinks of us more times than that. By all means then we have a "24-7", life-time guaranteed Caretaker.

Unthinkable! How awesome!

Our God is great and greatly to be praised. His might and majesty are unsearchable. How wondrous and awesome is our Creator, full of goodness and righteousness.

Be gracious unto us, our merciful God and Father. Blessed be Thy name forever. Amen.




*[The calculation was made by a team led by astronomer Dr Simon Driver of the Australian National University in Canberra and announced this week at the 25th General Assembly of the International Astronomical Union in Sydney.]

Shalom

(Check out my new E-Book ***
WOMEN OF THE BIBLE: A BRIEF BIOGRAPHICAL GENEALOGY*** http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/ebook-details.php?id=546)

Copyright Jeanne E. Webster

A published freelance writer,  editor/publisher of monthly newsletter for years.   [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print