Can I Mess Up God's Will For My Life?
by Leah Nichols

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28 NKJV)

Ever wonder whether you missed the will of God for your life?

Ever ponder whether a choice you made completely altered the course of your life and you can never change the effects of that choice?

Ever think that God can't really forgive you for the mistakes you made intentionally when you knew you should have listened to Him?

Well, I certainly have had my share of wondering over the events and circumstances of my life - the decisions I've made, the choices I wavered over before walking in a specific direction, the relationships that changed me for the better and sometimes not-much-better.

When life gets rough, we often tend to question whether our choices - especially the ones that we know were not of God's will - have led us to a place where God's promises for good do not apply to us. How can God rightly bless me when I so clearly have strayed from His perfect direction for my life? How can God possibly still have good plans for my life when I have walked my own way? Will He really never leave me nor forsake me?

My sisters, God always keeps His promises, no matter what we do. If He says He's going to do something, then He does not change His mind. In II Corinthians 1:20, it says that all of His promises are a yes and an amen. What does that mean? That He says "Yes" because He wants to fulfill those promises in our lives, and if we want them, we can say "Amen" - so be it in my life. That is exciting news!

The Bible is full of examples of messed-up people that still received the promises of God over their lives, even when they walked in the complete opposite direction. Let me list a few:

Abraham certainly made a mess of things when he had a son by his wife's servant after God had clearly promised him a child through his wife. Despite the consequences of his action, God did not change His mind to give Abraham the promised child.

David messed up big time when he went after Bathsheba, ending up in adultery and murder. Despite the consequences of his action, God did not take away the promise to love and bless him - and Bathsheba became the mother of Solomon, the next king.

Jonah went in the opposite direction that the Lord had told him to go; instead of preaching to Nineveh, he hid on a ship to Tarshish. Despite the unpleasant consequences of his action, God gave him another chance to do the very thing he knew he needed to do. As a result, the whole city was saved.

I could go on and on, but for the sake of time and to make my point, I want to encourage everyone - no matter what you've done, God does not change His mind toward you. If He says that He will work everything out for the good of those who love Him - that's us - then He will certainly work everything out for the good!

I know you may face difficulties and trials - many of them of your own making - but know that God will find a way to bless you. In Romans 5:8, it says that God demonstrated His love toward us - before we even knew to love Him, He loved us enough to die for us. And if He's able to do that, then your situation's a cinch!

Leah writes in her spare time....whenever it's available. She and her husband Ryan live in the greater Los Angeles area, where she works as a labor/delivery nurse, writing and playing the violin on the side. She also enjoys cooking, baking, walking, and reading blogs on the internet.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print