Anyone Who Had A Heart
by PamFord Davis

Family pets frequently eat scraps from the table. Generosity of their owners and love bring about sharing and wagging tales. Regular food purchased for the animals is just not as appealing as something seen enjoyed by others. If pleading eyes are not enough to get your attention, whimpers usually do the trick. Anyone who had a heart would give them a morsel or two.


Jesus healed people from all social groups, young and old, rich and poor, men-women-and children. His healing word and touch reached across barriers of gender, racial, and economic differences. Seekers could not manipulate Him to restore health. It came under the direction of His Father.


A Canaanite mother would not take no for an answer. Using persistent pleas for His help, she kept asking. Her daughter was suffering; in desperation, she took her problem to the great healer. He explained that the Father sent Him to the lost sheep of Israel. She continued to beg. (Matthew 15:21-25)


"Jesus answered, 'It is not right to take the children's bread and give it to the dogs.' The woman said,' Yes, Lord, but even the dogs eat the pieces of food that fall from their master's table (Matthew 15:26-27 NCV)." Jesus rewarded her for her great faith, instantly healing the girl. Morsels become miracles with the touch of the Master.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print