High Noon
by PamFord Davis

The law officer stood alone against impending challenges by evil. His wedding day began with joy and anticipation; it quickly became a living nightmare. Logically the desire to leave responsibility behind could have swayed him. Deeper, a determination to do the right thing kept him in town, waiting and watching the clock. High noon crept closer and closer. He would face down evil; knowing it might mean his death.


Each Sunday morning worshipers make frequent glances at a clock or wrist watches. Noon approaches and they are anxious to leave for a big Sunday dinner and afternoon with family or friends. Pastors time their sermons, focusing on key points of emphasis, knowing it is hard to hold a person's interest when hunger enters the picture.


Ezra led the crowd in worship as he read from the teachings of the Lord. Men, women and children gathered to listen. Ezra stood upon a high platform, visible to his crowd, reading aloud from early morning until noon. He opened the word and the people stood up in reverence of Holy God. (Nehemiah 8:1-6a) The reader and listeners responded positively to the proclaimed message. "And all the people held up their hands and said, 'Amen! Amen!' Then they bowed down and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground (Nehemiah 8:6b NCV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print