Is Your Father THE Potter?
by Marijo Phelps

There is a wonderful scripture in the Bible about the potter and the clay with lessons to be learned. Of course, it is in Isaiah, one of my favorite books in the Bible. Isaiah 45:9 teaches "woe to him who strives with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth! Shall the clay say to him who forms it, 'What are you making?' Or shall your handiwork say, 'He has no hands'?

The obvious answer to these rhetorical questions are NO, the clay shall not question what the potter is doing with it. That would seem really silly. Yet how many times do we question what God, the creator of the universe, is doing with and in our lives. One day I was struggling and hears His still, small voice speaking to me, the potter's daughter

You have traversed a long way but still have growth to go. Rest in that knowledge, My jewel to you as I continue to make you whole, complete in Jesus, your Lord.

There is peace in the changes if you relax and allow Me to remake you. Potter to the clay, shaped, fired and finally reflecting intende3d beauty and purpose. SELAH

In Psalm 6:6 the writer speaks of being worn out from groaning and about flooding his bed with weeping and his bed with tears all night long. Has that ever happened to you? Can you relate to David as he penned this Psalm?

Then a couple of verses later the Psalmist has a breakthrough. In Psalm 6:8 David writes "away from me, all you who do evil, the Lord has heard my weeping. I have never been one to cry much but I can certainly say there are many times when the Lord Jesus Christ has heard me crying out to Him. Know something? He answers!

In Psalm 30:5 we are told that the Lord's anger lasts only for a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime, weeping may remain for a night but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 2:3 speaks of breaking chains and throwing off fetters. Have you been set free? Oh, the incredible weight which lifts when those chains and fetters are broken off a person!

Psalm 107:4 speaks of God bringing them out of darkness and deepest gloom, God breaking away their chains. There is no greater freedom in life than to have the Lord God break away your chains.

In Psalm 30:2 David states "O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

I would ask you today, has The Healer set you free? Are you in need of His healing touch? All you have to do is ask.


Prayer: Dear Jesus, we can call on you and you do heal us. You draw us out of our chains and away from our weeping and into your sheltering and strong and lifting, renewing arms. Praise Your mighty name! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print