Don't Worry About Me
by PamFord Davis

Contentment is rarely a natural attribute. I once talked at church with a widow in her senior years. She spoke of her growing contentment as the years passed. It left a lasting impression. Her remarks made me feel guilty for being ungrateful for all I had. I wondered if I could ever experience her peace.


The Apostle Paul's life was a combination of peril and peace. Opposition came from the world system, religious system, and even within the church body, he served. I would have loved to look in his eyes and see the joy that sprang up from a soul at rest. He did not complain about his lot in life. He had the perfect attitude; don't worry about me!


"I am so happy, and I thank the Lord that you have again shown your care for me. You continued to care about me, but there was no way for you to show it. I am telling you this, but not because I need something. I have learned to be satisfied with what I have and with whatever happens. I know how to live when I am poor and when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of how to live through any kind of situation-when I have enough to eat or when I am hungry, when I have everything I need or when I have nothing. Christ is the one who gives me the strength to do whatever I must do (Philippians 4:10-13 ERV)."


Wow! That is contentment! There is a reason behind his positive outlook on life; he learned to be satisfied by following the lessons taught by his teacher. Contentment did not begin from within. He learned through years spent with Christ as his constant companion. It takes time, and like the widow, who shared her contentment not long before her death, my years of contentment building lessons are now bearing fruit. I am learning the secret!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print