We Are Family
by PamFord Davis

Healing and restoration is attainable in fragmented family relationships. We do not need statisticians or poll reports to convince us; we are facing a crisis of broken homes. We can be estranged from a spouse or child and yet share the same home address. Deep within we desire love and understanding.


The problem surfaced long before talk shows or advice columns made it a topic of discussion. Selfishness influences our interaction and negative memories become barriers of trust. Harsh correction and sarcastic reactions fuel the fires of conflict. The divide grows and hope for home sweet home becomes a joke to a family in risk of demise to relationships.


We are family. Healing is not only for bodies; the relationships of parents and children can also be treated and find wholeness. "Elijah will help fathers love their children. And he will help the children love their fathers (Malachi 4:6a NCV)." Elijah served in the role of a prophet, a shadow of the Son of Man who would come. Christ is our bridge between brokenness to blessing. We are family and we can return to home sweet home.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print