Use Me
by PamFord Davis

We need to be needed. That is not meant to be tongue twister; it is a fact of human nature. We shrivel up and die inside if we feel like we are no longer useful to family and society.


When did this need begin? I believe God placed it within long before the first couple sensed it. He gave Adam the job of caring for the garden. Adam also proved useful through naming of the animals. Think about it; Eve's purpose was a helper, companion for Adam. They were both needed.


"Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver bowls, but also those of wood and earthenware, some for special use, some for ordinary. So if anyone purifies himself from these things, he will be a special instrument, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work (2 Timothy 2:20-21 HCS)."


In my Dad's last years, with Mom in a government-housing apartment, he had few chores. He had survived a stroke and mild heart attack, leaving him unsteady on his feet. A product of the work ethic generation, he needed to be needed. The highlight of his week was wheeling the trash container back and forth from the curb.


The Lord needs us to carry on His ministry to a dying world. He has special assignments prepared for each of His children. He waits for our availability. Two little words will get us in the action. Use me!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print