Have You Ever Considered the Garden of God
by Marijo Phelps

The following is something the Lord Jesus laid on my heart and some scriptures that amplify those thoughts.

Have you ever thought about God's garden? I think it is made up of people rather than flowers and plants but he is a Master Gardener of people, isn't He? Is there some mud in that garden? I think so, we are people and in the Word it says we are but dust. That can give you a bit of a chuckle if you think about it. We are also in the hands of the most capable Master Gardener. Does He prune us, cut back unproductive parts, yes, but only to produce more fruit and growth.

Is He whispering to your heart even now? He is speaking to mine:

Be still before me in the crisp Sonlight of my springtime.

Pause to allow me to renew and refresh you. Pruning might hurt at the time but it shapes and prevents unplanned/unnatural growth which saps strength - growth away/apart from me. I love you.

You shall bloom, bud by bud; flower bringing forth fruit. I delight in all my orchard at springtime - fresh, renewed with deep, well nourished roots, resplendent in springtime garb, full of my fragrance.

In Song of Solomon 4:10 the Lord Jesus is whispering to His Bride saying "How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your perfume than any spice!"

A bit farther on in Song of Solomon 4:16 the Lord is speaking to the north and south wind, asking that it would blow on His garden that the fragrance might be spread abroad, asking that the lover would come into the garden and taste of its choice fruits.

2 Corinthians 2:14 again speaks of fragrance and how we will be used to spread it when it says "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him."

Prayer: Oh, my Jesus, may my praises and heart always be a delightful fragrance to You. Help me to grow daily and be a blessing instead of doing those things which break Your heart. Help me also to spread the fragrance of my Lord and Savior to those around me each day. AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print