I Wish It Would Rain
by PamFord Davis

The weather is something we discuss a lot, but can change very little. We are very rarely contented with what we experience. We complain during the summer about the heat; we daydream about summer all winter. Farmers need more rain or pray for sunny skies so they can get back out in the field.


In many ways, weather is just something to test our patience. It will change; are we willing to wait? Times of drought are serious business. I remember once in South Texas I got so excited when it rained, that I could barely wait to call my husband with the good news. The opposite occurred when living along side of a Mississippi River Levee. We learned from the Army Corp of Engineers after the danger passed, one big rain up north would have led to the flooding of our city.


Elijah not only talked about the rain; in faith, he influenced it. "Elijah was a man with a nature like ours; yet he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the land. Then he prayed again, and the sky gave rain and the land produced its fruit (James 5:17-18 HCS)." When he watched the skies, a nation got ready for climate change!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print