No Reply
by PamFord Davis

We expect an answer when we seek counsel, information or help from an individual, business or government agency. It may take time for them to reply, but we believe they owe us some kind of answer. The awaited response may come personally, postal service, email, texting, fax, or phone. We wait and become annoyed and disappointed when it does not surface.


Elijah proved his point. The true God answers. False gods give no reply. (1Kings 16:25-39) "So they took the bull that he gave them, prepared it, and called on the name of Baal from morning until noon, saying, 'Baal, answer us!' But there was no sound; no one answered. Then they did their lame dance around the altar they had made (1Kings 18:26 HCS)."


The prophet confidently prepared an altar. "Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, today let it be known that You are God in Israel and I am your servant, and that at Your word I have done all these things. Answer me, Lord! Answer me so that this people will know that You, Yahweh, are God and that You have turned their hearts back (1 Kings 18:36b-37 HCS)." God sent fire from heaven, consuming Elijah's offering demonstrating He hears and answers.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print