Have You Put Down Roots?
by Marijo Phelps

Tumble weeds tumble, they are designed to do this very thing and that is how they spread their seeds all over your yard, fields and acreage. They have shallow roots for a purpose. People, however seem to grow best with a deep root system, so to speak. We need to be rooted and grounded or we, too, will be like the tumble weed and that was not the intention of Him who created us.

You're excited by the wind it is almost like you see my Spirit move.

What makes the trees so beautiful? They move and sway in worship and praise they are yielded so my Spirit can give them even greater beauty than when standing still. Learn from that tree. It goes nowhere but stands for me where it is planted, roots going deeper and deeper.

Be yielded like that tree and I'll make of you a song of great beauty in Jesus Christ my Son.

I love Isaiah as you might have noted if you read many of my Biblical based pieces. In Isaiah 55:12 it states that "you" shall go out with joy and be led out with peace; the very mountains and hills shall break forth into singing before "you" and the trees of the field shall clap their hands. I love those word pictures and can see that happen with the coming of our Lord. All His creation will know and recognize him. I also suspect it is a promise for His Body who definitely needs to be led out with peace.

This gives us a good example of how even the trees will praise Him who is and was their maker. How can we do even that and more since we are created in His image. I suspect if we but ask that He will be most willing to show us, teaching us even more because we came, growing our roots that much deeper in Him and His Word.


Prayer: Dear Lord, please help us to learn from the trees and the wind. Help us to yield unto you and your Holy Spirit moving in our lives daily. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print