Brokenhearted Me
by PamFord Davis

We are skilled at hiding our broken hearts. We should be; to our credit, we have years of practice. There are areas with deep embedded wounds, seeping sores and stinging surface scratches. We carry our makeup kits and do touch-up applications when needed. The world expects us to be at the peak of our performance, looking our best, and oblivious to pain.


Broken hearted me retreats in isolation to lick my wounds. Times of reflection on the past or desperation in current heartache can paralyze us in depression and despondency. Storm clouds descend and our hearts sink deeper and deeper into a well of tears.


The Lord truly cares about our heart condition and offers a balm of healing. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds [curing their pains and their sorrows]." (Psalm 147:3 Amplified Bible)


Volunteers during World War II diligently rolled bandages for use as first aid to troops injured overseas. Maimed wait at the battlefront in life's attacks. Will we be willing to roll spiritual bandages found within God's word? The healer of souls hears every cry for emergency treatment.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print