Hungry
by PamFord Davis

Hunger is very difficult to ignore. It starts with a feeling that something is lacking, builds into a definite need for food and hits a crescendo of desperately desiring something to eat. We hold our stomach, or gently rub it, in an attempt to sooth the discomfort and quiet the rumbling. It is only a temporary fix; hunger is only satisfied after receiving sufficient food.


Our spirit may not be as easy to discern. Is there a feeling of restlessness or discontent? The problem might not be relationships, job, or financial status. You might be on the verge of starvation. "Happy are you who are hungry now; you will be filled! Happy are you who weep now; you will laugh (Luke 6:21 TEV)."


Wow! Filling is the answer; hunger vanishes when our stomach is full following a satisfying meal. A chemical called serotonin releases to our brain, resulting in a feeling of well being. Feel like something is missing? Receive a fill up to be energized for worship and service. The Lord did not say we might be filled, with certainty those hungry for Him, will be filled.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print