Touched By the Lord's Tender Mercies
by Marijo Phelps

Touched by the Lord's Tender Mercies
Of all the words which are synonyms for mercy I think I like compassion the best. The Lord Jesus Christ, maker of heaven and earth cares. He has compassion for you and for me. That alone is mind boggling. Maybe today He would whisper to our hearts:
My child, I shall enfold you in tangible, touchable, tender mercies. Doubt not my timing, nor my ways. Healing will come for that heaviness and your heart shall be complete in Me. I will set the captive free in ways never known before. My timing is perfect. My ways are just. Know that I love you with an exquisite tenderness through your pain and My beauty shall prevail. You are Mine and I guard you with a fierce love. Rest, strive not nor let questions plague you but know the Great I AM has enfolded you in His hands. Selah (Pause and think calmly about that).

In Deuteronomy 32:4 we are told that he is the Rock, His work is perfect; all His ways are justice, a God of truth and without injustice, righteous and upright is He.

This is the one who wants to have intimate time and talks with you! This is the one who not only speaks to you through His Word, the Bible but also His Holy Spirit with that still, small voice, speaks to your heart. He cares. We matter. What an awesome revelation that is.

In Isaiah 61:1 the Bible tells us that about the good news of salvation, speaking of the Spirit of the Lord God being upon me, the Lord has anointed (the writer and us too) to preach good news to the poor, heal the broken hearted, proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.

How many of us were captives and bound? The Lord Jesus Christ set us free. If you don't know Him all you need to do is speak. Confess that Jesus is Lord and ask His forgiveness. We have all broken God's heart. He is the healer of our hearts and Him who sets us free!

In Job 5 :18 the writer speaks of God bruising yet binding up, wounding yet His hands making whole.

Wouldn't you much rather be wounded by the God who created you and come out more whole than you were to begin with?

A good parent disciplines his children. God is a very good Father, isn't He?

Prayer: Dear Lord, there is absolutely no better place to be than in Your hands. Thank you for Your incredible love for us, Your timing which is most of the time not mine, Your perfect ways and incredible ability to set this captive FREE. Help me to yield and praise and give You all my thanksgiving. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print