Jesus Whispering to Our Hearts
by Marijo Phelps

The best teacher I think I ever had for making a point that everyone in that room listened to had a unique delivery method. Instead of raising his voice to make his point he'd lean forward over the podium and whisper the most important part of his lecture. All in the class hushed and leaned forward eagerly to see what important part of the lecture was about to come out of his mouth. It got our attention each and every time and we truly listened.

Imagine your Lord and Savior doing the same thing. The Bible tells us to tune in to that "still, small voice". It is when we are quiet before Him and focused on Him that he can speak the loudest, often times in a whisper:

Daughter, it doesn't always have to come to you what I am about to say for you to write (it).
I may choose to whisper a thought or word of encouragement into a corner of your mind for momentary encouragement, some too precious to be written, some too heavy to bear for more than that first moment; truths to be resurfaced over and over until you're able and ready (open) to grasp and hold them, coming up gradually as a red sunrise.
Awesome revelations, perhaps they are frightening at first glance, but real and "normal" as they unfold embellishment with a fire that creates a beauty, special beauty even greater than the daily sunsets.
Cling to those revelations as I bring them up. You will learn them and make them part of you as I deem you able to stretch and grow; as you yield to My molding.
You cannot yield unless you recognize that you are holding back. Rest in Jesus as He does His life redeeming work within you! Selah.

PS 51 "let the bones which thou hast broken rejoice"

Psalms 51 is one of my favorites. I like to read it over and over with discovery of even more each time I re-read it. Please take some time with this chapter for yourself to see what it says to you.
The psalmist is first asking for God's mercy, not based upon anything the psalmist did or didn't do but based upon God's love and compassion. David asks to have his transgressions blotted out and to be washed and made clean from all his sin. He continues recognizing his sin and that it is against God only that he has committed those sins even back to his birth. He even indicates that God can make him whiter than snow. That should give hope to all of us.

What an attitude he then reveals in saying he would like the bones which God broke to rejoice. To me that is showing David's total and utter trust in God and his assessment or David's condition. Even in that pain to know it is "good for him" and necessary. Imagine your broken bones being encouraged to "rejoice". No wonder the Bible says that David had a heart for the Lord.

And to then hear that he had hope and expectation that God could and would create in David a "pure heart" and give him, once again, a steadfast spirit, welcoming David into His presence and restoring David's joy. David is requesting to be made whole so he could then teach sinners and have them turn back to God.

This Psalm alone is full of so many good and wonderful promises. There are even more in the rest of the psalm but I want to give you an opportunity to chew on it yourself and see what they Lord will speak to your heart. Be encouraged and built up in Jesus most capable and incredible name!

Prayer: Lord God, at first it sounds SO hard to ask that the bones which You have broken rejoice. But You don't want me to walk with a limp or not walk at all. You are the Great Physician and know what needs to be done for complete healing and wholeness. I submit to Your ultimate wisdom and Your Physician's hand. I also place my hand in Yours as You continue to make and remake me WHOLE in You. Amen

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print