Are You Lonesome Tonight?
by PamFord Davis

The mind is a powerful force, both for positive and negative thinking. Imagination, if used wisely is a creative tool. The opposite happens when our imagination runs wild. Fantasy becomes reality; we deceive ourselves.


Four walls are poor company. When shut away in isolation we become lonesome; we wonder if anyone cares. Distorted thinking can lead to paranoia or suicidal tendencies. We begin to question our worth, or the sincerity of others.


John the Baptist verbally confessed Jesus as "the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29b NIV)". He left no room for doubt; the long awaited Messiah had come! Time in confinement of arrest changed his frame of mind; he began to have his doubts.


"When the men came to Jesus, they said, 'John the Baptist sent us to you to ask, 'Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else (Luke 7:20 NIV)?" Jesus confirmed His identity by a demonstration of miraculous healings.


"So he replied to the messengers, 'Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard (Luke 7:22a NIV)." He did not send a message of rebuke back to John. The report by John's followers would clear up any questions in the lonesome life of God's servant. John the Baptist would find encouragement and renewed faith.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print