Are You a Spiritual Wiggler or Worrier?
by Marijo Phelps

When I was growing up I don't think they had invented the hyperactive diagnosis yet. Yes, I could sit for hours and hours reading, however, when I was confined to a desk in school I stretched my arms, moved my legs, twisted and squirmed. I wonder Nowadays, when I am far removed from that school desk , I seem to hear the Lord Jesus telling me man times and is various words "Daughter, be still, quit your "wiggling", tune your ears to Me. OK I know that I still need "schooling" so, God, please help me to be still enough to "hear" You. That really is my heart's desire in spite of what may be evident from watching me.

My little daughter, the confusion you see is of the enemy but I am working through it for your good.

Whether you're frantic or at peace in me the outcome is the same.

So you can turn it loose to me. I have a plan for you birthed out of love.

Still yourself in Jesus and behold as it unfolds. Trust me.

In Psalm 4:5 the writer speaks of offering the sacrifice of righteousness and putting our trust in God.

The Lord would not recommend that if it were not possible in Him. How do I show my trust in God? Among other things would be obedience, quick and unquestioning. Oh, the angst and tight squeezed we could avoid if we learned that one really well. No arguing or questioning or "ya, but" responses but action on our part.

In Psalm 18:2 David is speaking about the Lord being his rock, fortress, deliverer; my God, my strength in whom will I trust; my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I think he captured a great snap shot here and this wasn't even taken from the Amplified version. David had to know his God, know Him well to be able to list all these ways he was fortified by his God. How did he know God that way, through closeness in times of trouble, daily walking by his side and by relying on Him. I suspect that obedience was definitely at the top of David's relationship priorities with God too.

Moving to Proverbs 3:5-6 we find one of my lifetime scriptures "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."

The Lord used this one some 18 years ago to speak to Mick and me about moving to Colorado. We prayed for a year and a half while trying to sell the house and have been here ever since. I cannot tell you the blessings of that move, the wondrous plans of God since we came here. He is totally incredible, have you "tasted to see that God is good" lately? I would encourage you to do just that!

PRAYER: Dear Jesus, please help me to be at peace in You. Looks like You are telling me that frantic wastes so much time and energy. I do hear You, help me to remember when I am in the thick of it next time. Help me to be quickly obedient. You are a most wonderful blessing. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print