Being a Child and Servant is Loving God
by Marijo Phelps

Can you be a child and a servant all at once? If you are "sold out" to your heavenly Father you are His child and He is your "Daddy". Have you ever watched a young child as they try to do each and every thing their Daddy does? The way he walks, the way he talks, what he says and does all become a favorite part of that child's being and doing. Sometimes much to the dismay of that Daddy but most often he is very pleased. With our heavenly Abba (Daddy) Father He has nothing to fear because all he models is great for us to "copy" as His kids. Our aim should be to be more and more like Him each day. A willing servant or "bond slave" as the Bible puts it. Once again I can hear Him whispering in the ears or His soon coming Bride:
Child you are my servant. Cast away all doubt and deception. You are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise unto Me against that day.

Cast down your fears and imaginations. Be not paralyzed but free in Your Lord Jesus Christ. I have bound you to Me.

My bride, My bride, no fear but stand. I love you beyond your recognition. Rest. Selah.

In Ephesians 1:13 we are reminded that we are "sealed". Those who trusted Him (Jesus) after hearing the word to truth (Bible) and then we believed and were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.

Promise, a woman and man are promised when they are engaged to be married or betrothed. Promise, a verbal commitment given of something to come forth at a future time. What better "seal" could there ever be than the very Holy Spirit of God?

In 2 Timothy 1"12 the writer speaks of current sufferings and not being ashamed because "I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed unto Him until that Day.

What have you committed to Jesus? Your life? Your heart? Your promise of becoming part of that wonderful group collectively called the Bride of Christ? He died for us, paying a penalty we couldn't pay or afford to pay. I am thinking the least we can do in return is to live for Him! Knowing that it is nothing we did or could do. Not even our commitment without His help. I AM persuaded that HE is able to keep that which I have committed to Him (Jesus). Wow, how well does He know me, perhaps even better than I know myself? Definitely.

Romans 14:4 speaks more about servants and judging them, reminding us that to our own master we stand or fall. We will stand for the Lord is able to make him (servant) stand.

What is our part, to be like a child. Not the temper tantrum variety but the childlike one, the one resembling the comment "of such is the kingdom of heaven". Our Lord Jesus Christ will take our hand and lead us through if we yield.

In Psalm 116:16 the psalmist speaks of being God's servant because He (God) has loosed his (servant's) bonds.

Just think of all the things you were in bondage to before Jesus became your Lord. I know mine is a very long list. Some of it we are still working on but, oh, the freedom of being "loosed".
For those who haven't taken that step to ask His forgiveness and be set free I have a couple of questions.

Who would you rather be serving? One who gave His all to set you free? One who died in your place? Or one who came to lie, cheat, kill, rob and destroy? A look at scripture will show you the truth and that there is really only one logical choice. HE (Jesus) is so able and we are but dust.

In John 10:10 the Bible speaks of the thief who comes to kill and destroy contrasted with Him who came so that we might have life and that more abundantly. Choose you this day whom you will serve. You do have that choice.

Prayer: Dearest Lord Jesus, thank you that I am sealed, bound and can stand in You! You paid the price for all this victory. Even when I feel puny, because I am bound to You and You are standing, so am I! Your gifts just keep overwhelming me day by day. You are my Incredible Lord Jesus! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print