Won't You Be My Neighbor?
by PamFord Davis

Actors portrayed "neighbors" as friends in most television sitcoms of the 1950's. Could we keep track of how many times Ethel came through the door of Lucy? The two were inseparable; they did not need a special reason to be together. Friendship bound the neighbors together through times of celebration or heated conflicts.


Neighbors can be your worst enemies. Feuds over boundary lines have placed neighbor against neighbor, resulting in feelings of bitterness and revenge. Such relationships put families in deep freeze with little concern about reconciliation.


"Won't you be my neighbor"? The welcome mat begins in our hardened hearts. "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you that you may be sons of your Father in heaven (Matthew 5:43-45a NIV)."


We once knew a man, who murdered another man, during a violent argument over property. He encountered God in jail and became a new creation in Christ Jesus! He answered the call to full time ministry as pastor, and now serves as prison chaplain in a big Florida correctional facility. God transformed a heart from hate to love and service. "Won't you be my neighbor"?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print