That Which is Pleasing to the Lord a Study for a Leadership Team
by Marijo Phelps

What does He (the Lord Jesus) want from me?

It is a sign of immaturity when we want to be told do this and do that by someone we don't want to take responsibility for failure. We want to fit the mold and be like everyone else so we like the set pattern of what to do and how to do it.
Let's open our ears to the Holy Spirit. There is a balance of the trinity. Father plus Son plus Holy Spirit = balance.

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.(NKJV)

1 Corinthians 2:13
These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. (NKJV)

Luke 12:12
For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say." (NKJV)

We miss:
God: firm yet loving, righteous not harsh, just with gentleness. He warns us of catastrophe yet receives repentance, metes out vengeance yet is abounding with grace, He is justice with mercy.
"To what end and for what purpose has God allowed this to come into my life?"

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.(NKJV)

PEOPLE WHO CAUSE BRUISES ARE MERELY TOOLS IN THE HAND OF GOD. GO TO GOD WITH THE BRUISES.

Psalm 85:10 (New King James Version)
10 Mercy and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed.
Hebrews 11:5 (New King James Version
5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, "and was not found, because God had taken him"; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

What God says to you, do it. Why are we bothered by no formulas, no 1,2,3.

#1 there is a cost: maturity, discipline and responsibility

#2 Our ignorance (we don't "hear" God or we think we don't) we hear through the Word. Read the Word, pray, ingest, digest and absorb the Word. "Speak Lord for your servant hears" (prayer after reading the Bible) Come EXPECTING to hear from God.

#3 Comparison (I don't hear from God like so and so) He deals with us in relation to who we are individually. We couldn't handle the way He speaks to so and so.

Ephesians speaks of husbands and wives also this applies to us relating to Christ ALL of us together in our uniqueness fulfill or are the total Bride of Christ. Without one part his Bride isn't complete if we were all "cookie cutter" people we wouldn't be His Bride.

Please do not run around asking "do you think this is God?" Go to God and ask HIM!

DON'T PUT GOD IN A BOX.

You can't guide a car until you get it moving. Move out so God can check and balance you in His Holy Spirit.

Duties for certain days. End "tuning in" to God with worship, worship comes after praise.
TEACH ME TO WORSHIP, O GOD. Go and ask the Father this every day.

Written by Marijo Phelps February 2010 partially from notes taken March 1980 speaker Shirlee Green

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print