Everything's Coming Up Roses
by PamFord Davis

There are rare times when it seems like life is a bed of roses. In those experiences, many are afraid to see what may be around the next bend. Most cynically believe all good things must end.


Life offers both the beauty and fragrance of roses, and the painful prick of the thorn. I once attended a high school prom with a boy after we had broken up. He sarcastically said he was not sure if he should give me the flower corsage or thorns. Ouch!


Everything's coming up roses implies a time of blessing. Hezekiah received healing of a terminal disease. "Soon afterwards, the king of Babylon (Merodach-baladan), the son of Baladan) sent Hezekiah a present and his best wishes, for he had heard that Hezekiah had been very sick and now was well again. Hezekiah appreciated this and took the envoys from Babylon on a tour of the palace, showing them his treasure house full of silver, gold, spices and perfumes. He took them into his jewel rooms, too, and opened to them all his treasures-everything (Isaiah 39:1-2 The Book, Living Bible)."


Could life be any better? Isaiah the prophet delivered a message from God; Babylon would seize all the treasures. Hezekiah placed his confidence in the goodness of God. We do not find security in wilting roses, or vaulted treasure, only in the everlasting God.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print