Are You Fussing Around the House?
by Marijo Phelps

Are you having "one of those days"? You go into a room to pick up and then decide to check e-mail, well, maybe you should check the writing websites.. then pretty soon you see junk that belongs in the kitchen sink. Pick that up and bus it to the kitchen. Oops time to put in the laundry and get it off the floor in the bedroom, bathroom. Yep, those throws need washing too.
And soon you might hear that very still, small voice calling out to you:

"Come to Me, child, in silence and opening of heart, sit at My feet, still your mind and rest/learn of Me.
Know that I AM your God and you are My people.
Fret not your heart, worry not, "flutter and twitter" not but be still and KNOW that I AM GodYour Father Eternal and Almighty. Selah.

Hum, maybe I should have already had my "quiet time".

In Luke 18:16 Jesus calls the children to Him and makes mention that the kingdom of heaven is made up of "such as these". Childlike, not childish, that's what I long to be.

Matthew 11:28 entreats all who are weary and burdened to come to Him (Jesus) and He will give them rest. How many of us couldn't use a bit of REST most each and every day?

In Psalm 37:8 David the Psalmist is sharing his heart encouraging us to refrain from anger, turn from wrath and do not fret saying it only leads to evil. The fretting part was the grabber for me, how about you?

In 2 Thessalonians 2:16 reminds us that our Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father loves us and by His grace gives us eternal encouragement and good hope. That sounds like something I could use on a daily basis just like my multi vitamin.

2 Corinthians 6:18 is a wonderful promise stating "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." And things keep getting better from here.

In Matthew 10:31 we are told to not be afraid because we are worth more than many sparrows. He takes care of them, doesn't He?

In His Word we have encouragement, correction, challenge and HOPE. How can we go wrong with those?

Prayer: Not dead bones, my Father, not empty words/sound tracks revive me. I pray, renew and restore a right spirit within me. In Jesus most powerful name, AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print