Attitude at Work
by Marijo Phelps

Attitude at Work, Reflecting Jesus, Being Made New

Sometimes, my Lord, I feel like I fail You so badly like at work where it is SO easy to get caught up with murmuring, complaining and a bad attitude. Please help me bite my tongue and pour out all to You? Forgive me??? AMEN

In Philippians we are encouraged to do all things without murmuring and complaining. Oh, our God knows us so well, doesn't He?

In Ephesians 4:23 we are challenged to be made new in the attitude of our minds. That's where it all begins, what we think on and when we mull over. We can think on God's word and have truth within us or choose to ruminate on unforgiveness, who said THAT about me, who did that TO me. Once again we do have a choice. God never says something in the way of a challenge or encouragement if He is not prepared to equip us to do just that thing.

Back to Philippians 2:5 we are told that our attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. He is challenging us and He will help us to walk this out even though it may seem like we sometimes have a long ways to go. Will we take His hand and let Him walk us through?

Hebrews says so much just as it stands:
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (NIV)

In Colossians 3:13 we are asked to bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. He is ready, willing and able to help us do just that, right now, TODAY. And if you have never asked Jesus Christ to forgive you, today can be that most freeing day for you!

We have all broken God's heart and we can have that score settled. Jesus died on the cross a most horrible death to pay that penalty on your behalf. All you have to do is ask Him to forgive you and to "take over" your life! There has never been a greater gift that this one for me in my whole life.

In 1John 1:19 we are reminded if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. How can we not respond to that offer?

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print