GOD PATIENCE CAN WEAR OUT
by sana edoja


In the Old Testament, we see that God keep complaining about the disobedience of the Israelites to his laws and commandments. The Israelites ended up worshipping foreign gods and practising idolatry which was an abomination in the eyes of God.

Isaiah 2:8
Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:

God was very patient with his people as he sent them quite a few prophets to warn them about the consequences of their evil practises, he says that they were doomed to destruction and that he will wipe them out from the face of the earth if they would not repent, God would use other nations to attack them in order to destroy them, lots of Israelites would perish but a few of them would be scattered and held as slaves abroad as a result of their sins.

2 Kings 17:18
Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.

God really wanted them to repent to be able to care and love his people again and teach them his laws. However, the Israelites are very stubborn despite God talking to them through numerous prophets; they refuse to follow God laws and getting rid of their sins, which is a pity because, at the end, God let them be destroyed by other nations because he cannot contain his anger any longer. He is a Holy God and he cannot stand sins.

1 Peter 1:16
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Jeremiah 20:16
And let that man be as the cities which the LORD overthrew, and repented not: and let him hear the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noontide;

Ezekiel 18:30
Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Sometimes, we are angry with our spouse, our boss, even a friend. We keep telling them to stop hurting us because of their evil words or evil action, but they carry on. It is normal that, in the end, we separate ourselves from them; we depart from their presence that is so annoying and damaging us in a way. Why waste our time to change someone that doesn't want to change. God would do everything to get respect from the Israelites, but instead, they spitted in his face by rejecting his lordship and doing what was evil in his eyes, God took action and separated himself from them by giving the Israelites to their enemies.

Leviticus 26:30
And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.


In conclusion, everybody deserves respect and we need not fear separating ourselves from those who hurt us the most if need be. Our patience can wear out; we are human beings after all. We give warnings and are patient like God but, in the end, we need to take action to separate ourselves from those who keep hurting us by their evil words and action.

Lamentations 4:16
The anger of the LORD hath divided them; he will no more regard them: theyrespected not the persons of the priests, they favoured not the elders.


http://sanaedoja.wixsite.com/monsite/blog
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2I52MW#nav-subnav

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print