Celebrate
by PamFord Davis

Celebrate! Celebrate! We have cause to celebrate, each time we have an opportunity to worship and serve the Lord. In our efforts to give him the reverence he deserves, we might miss the joy he intends to fill our hearts.


David supervised the moving of the ark of the covenant safely to the city of Jerusalem. David in exuberance danced before his Lord accompanied by shouts of celebration and blaring trumpets. His wife Michal observed with contempt from a window. (2 Samuel 6:1-16)


The celebration concluded with sacrifices offered to the Lord, with David distributing gifts of bread, date cakes, and raisin cakes to the crowd. He returned home and received a cold shoulder and rebuke from his wife. (2 Samuel 6:17-20) What she found offensive he viewed as celebration.


"David said to Michal, 'It was before the Lord, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the Lord's people Israel - I will celebrate before the Lord (2 Samuel 6:21 NIV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print