Third Man Theme
by PamFord Davis

Two is company; three's a crowd. The statement makes an uninvited guest in a conversation or activity aware of their intruding. At other times, though welcomed, a third party feels uncomfortable and declines.


Calvary hill held three crosses on Good Friday. Each year we observe the hope of resurrection, and we have a reminder of the significance of each of those crucified. Our focus rests on Jesus who bore our sins as the perfect Lamb of God.


A second man hurled verbal abuse at Jesus who never sinned. He was blind to the identity of Jesus, the Son of God. (Luke 23:39) He lost his final chance to repent and receive eternal life.


The third man would enter paradise! "But the other criminal rebuked him. 'Don't you fear God,' he said, 'since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.' Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise (Luke 23:40-43 NIV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print